HTML Reader Pages
To actually read the texts in your web-browser, please go to the io page.
A very good site for reading pages, similar to these but better in almost every respect, please see In Usum, developed by Dr. Randall Childree of Furman University. His versions of the Iliad are both complete, and significantly better than the ones linked below!
Let’s Read Together: A small but growing list of videos in which students of ancient languages read Greek and Latin together.
Below are links to stand-alone HTML pages that offer Greek and Latin texts with morphological and lexical hints.
These are generated using the CITE Architecture and the Perseus Morphology Service. Because this is an automated process, the parsing and linking to the lexicon is necessarily imperfect.
Readers might find more help from consulting the online LSJ Greek Lexicon and the online Lewis & Short Latin Dictionary.
Sophocles Oedipus Tyrannos
Reading pages with lexicography, morphology, and syntax.
New Testament (in progress)
(Some of) The Homeric Hymns
Thucydides, Books 1 and 2
Marcus Aurelius, Ad Se Ipsum
(Pages are in progress and will be added incrementally.)
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 1-3
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 4-6
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 7-9
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 10-12
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 13-15
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 16-18
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 19-21
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 22-24
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 25-27
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 28-30
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 31-33
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 34-36
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 37-39
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 40-42
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 43-45
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 46-48
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 49-51
- Epictetus, Encheiridion 52-53
- Aristotle Poetics, 1.head-4.3
- Aristotle Poetics, 4.4-6.5
- Aristotle Poetics, 6.6-7.12
- Aristotle Poetics, 8.1-11.5
- Aristotle Poetics, 11.6-14.5
- Aristotle Poetics, 14.6-16.6
- Aristotle Poetics, 16.7-18.16
- Aristotle Poetics, 18.17-21.6
- Aristotle Poetics, 21.7-22.14
- Aristotle Poetics, 22.15-24.18
- Aristotle Poetics, 24.19-25.27
- Aristotle Poetics, 25.28-26.15
- Aristotle Poetics, 26.16-26.16
- Plutarch, Alexander in CiteApp (for browsing and searching)
- Plutarch, Alexander, 1-5
- Plutarch, Alexander, 6-10
- Plutarch, Alexander, 11-15
- Plutarch, Alexander, 16-20
- Plutarch, Alexander, 21-25
- Plutarch, Alexander, 26-30
- Plutarch, Alexander, 31-35
- Plutarch, Alexander, 36-40
- Plutarch, Alexander, 41-45
- Plutarch, Alexander, 46-50
- Plutarch, Alexander, 51-55
- Plutarch, Alexander, 56-60
- Plutarch, Alexander, 61-65
- Plutarch, Alexander, 66-70
- Plutarch, Alexander, 71-75
- Plutarch, Alexander, 76-77
Your Pages site will use the layout and styles from the Jekyll theme you have selected in your repository settings. The name of this theme is saved in the Jekyll
_config.yml configuration file.
Having trouble with Pages? Check out our documentation or contact support and we’ll help you sort it out.